When Theresa May announced plans on April 18th for the UK to hold a general election it was met with much cynicism.
However as self-confessed psephologists, we instead were thrilled at the opportunity. There would be political polls aplenty, a discharge of demographic datasets, suspicious statistics being slung around without sensible scrutiny, and fundamentally flawed forecasts being flung into the fray of frenetic factionalism.
Starting with just this tweet we’ve spawned a team of data scientists, software engineers, and experienced political operatives who want to bring transparency to the data surrounding this next election.
We are not:
- Paid – All contributors do so voluntarily.
- Funded – We’re the kind of people who would happily spend our free time using our skills for good.
- Affiliated with any political party1 – We believe that truly impartial and unbiased sources of information are rare enough.
- Sam Buddington – @https://twitter.com/sambuddington
- Mark Medum Bundgaard – @mmedum
- Rich Eden
- Tom Grainger – @graingert – https://github.com/graingert
- Rae Hodge – @RaeHodge
- Cormac Hollingsworth – @CormacHolly
- Dan Howarth – https://www.linkedin.com/in/drhowarth
- Chris Howlin – @cristohowlo
- Justin Ibbett – @justinibbett – https://www.focaldata.co/
- Sophie Johnson – @thesophie – http://hellocopywriting.co.uk/
- Matt Long – @burythehammer – http://www.burythehammer.com
- Alistair Lynn – @arplynn – http://alynn.co.uk/
- John Henry Mostyn – @jhmostyn
- Glen Moutrie – @gmoutrie – http://glenmoutrie.co.uk/
- Dan Palmer – @danpalmer – https://danpalmer.me
- Tom Paskhalis – @tpaskhalis – http://tom.paskhal.is/
- Andy Poulton – https://github.com/andrewPoulton
- Emma Salisbury – @a3terna
- John Sandall – @john_sandall – http://www.artofinference.com/
- Marie Segger – @MarieSegger
- Julius Šėporaitis – @seporaitis – https://github.com/seporaitis
- Alex Shires – @dralexshires
- Shan Sun – @shanxsun – https://www.linkedin.com/in/xiaoshan-sun-22991b32
- Cale Tilford
- Paul Thomas – https://twitter.com/MaxThomais
- Tom Turner
- Tom Viner – @tomviner – https://github.com/tomviner
- Andrew Weeks
SixFifty is and will remain wholly independent and neutral with respect to all content, analysis and modelling it produces. Individual contributors may be affiliated with specific parties. We would encourage contributions from across the political spectrum, and if you believe our content is in any way biased please do not hesitate to contact us. ↩
This list is randomly ordered on each page load. If you have questions about the project itself, such as how it came about or how we self-organised within hours of the election announcement, please contact @John_Sandall. ↩